View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAPPER68 View Post
Interesting...one of the exported yellow COPO's (with a yellow hounds tooth interior) was owned by my neighbour back in the Day.

We lived in a small prairie town in Canada that was a hot bed for high performance cars. My neighbours name is Rod Leeson and a few years ago he sent me a picture of his restored car at the 'World of Wheels' show in Calgary. He doesn't own it now and hasn't for years....

Rod was the second owner of the car...the car's first owner was a kid that had just graduated from high school and his Grandmother bought him the car as a grad present. Rod told me the kid didn't keep the car too long as it scared him and Rod bought the car off of a dealers lot shortly there after.

Rod is still around and his brother Norris lives close by me today...Their mother is still alive and she is close to 100 now.

The picture of Rod with the car is in my computer at work, I'll dig it out if anyone is interested. One more detail now that I think of it, Rod's COPO had aluminum heads on it!
The Canadian delivered RS COPO never came with aluminum heads as far I know, I saw the car in 1973 the first time, it sat on “Lionel Cres in Lakeview district/Calgary AB , I tried to buy it at that time but it had a hefty lien still registered against it so I passed. At that time it had cast iron heads. Next time I saw it was Jan/1975, it was in A-1 Auto body in Calgary , just off Macleod Trail, it was having some repair work done on the 1/4”s, at that time both head rests were missing and it had Cowl induction emblems on the hood.

As far as the drivetrain I know the block is probably not the original, trans and diff assembly are for sure the original parts to the car. This car was in Okotoks Alberta for many years, till Steve Eisenberg (Super sports Classic in Calgary ) bought it , and collected many NOS parts for it before selling it to a local Corvette collector who had Specialty Restoration in Dewinton Ab do the paint & body. I built the motor/trans/diff/suspension and installed all into the painted rolling chassis about 1999/2000, as well as Headlight assembly’s/wiring/brakes/exhaust etc and misc interiors parts etc, I finished it at 4.30 am the morning of World of Wheels car show in Calgary, where it won everything at that time for awards.

The original motor never went into a ski boat, that was a rumor made up by local individuals.
The motor/heads out of the car still are in Okotoks and it is not the original block, I’ve checked it while on the hunt for the original block.

Last edited by rszmjt; 06-26-2019 at 01:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rszmjt For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (06-24-2019)