View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
Marketing called it a "Super Scoop" while Chevrolet called it "Special Ducted Hood."

It was never officially called "Cowl Induction."

Another made up moniker like . . . Radio Delete.
It's all semantics. Doesn't bother me what anyone wants to call it.

To me Chevrolet just confuses the issue calling it a special ducted hood and the very next year called it cowl induction on the Chevelle.

Thinking of it in a literal sense a special ducted hood could apply to just about any style hood that grabs fresh air, from any place. They were all special for all models. At least calling it Cowl Induction or Cowl Plenum tells you "where" it's grabbing fresh air. With that said it seems to make the most sense, whether it's grabbing it through the rear facing scoop, or through a hole in the firewall, it's coming from the cowl area and you can differentiate it from other brand fresh air hoods.
I think that's why that moniker is heard the most. Interesting discussion though seeing different points of view on it. I say call it what ever makes the most sense to you. No matter how you refer to it, a real car guy will know what you're talking about, shucks even most non car guys know.

Last edited by x33rs; 02-21-2021 at 02:01 AM.