View Single Post

Old 07-27-2021, 09:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,707 Times in 723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----Eon's ago when there were only fall Carlisle's (probably 76 or 77) this styling car showed up unrestored in the for sale field. My bud Bob Zimmerman and I knew what it was but the car needed a massive amount of work. While we were thinking about it the car got sold. Turned out that a great friend of mine, Bob Gold, (RIP) had bought it with a partner. They did a gorgeous resto, but I think it has been re-fluffed at least once. It is one of the coolest of the styling cars in my opinion!
----As an aside I saw this very car in 1965 or 66 in Harley Earl's driveway in Palm Beach. I got out of my rented Mustang and ran across the road to look at it but a caretaker told me very nicely not to come on the property. At that time it had a set of Dayton Wire Wheels, but otherwise exactly the same. Also in the driveway was a pearl pink 63 Corvette coupe that was harley Earl's wife's car. That car is also out there and restored...Bill S
Bill,
Great story!
I agree with you that this Blue styling Corvette is awesome.
The color, wicked side exhaust rolling on Blue line tires. WOW!

I stumbled onto this custom Corvette back in 2015 in San Jose, Ca.
I’m not sure what to make of it. Maybe some old Ecklers custom parts from that time period ??

Anyway Thank You “Lee Stewart” for posting all these wonderful vintage styling Corvettes and Mr. Bill Alert 😆 for expanding on this topic.

Chris.
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 60sStuff For This Useful Post:
bobm67 (07-28-2021), dykstra (07-28-2021), Lee Stewart (07-28-2021), olredalert (07-28-2021), PeteLeathersac (07-27-2021), YenkoYS-199Stinger (08-03-2021)