View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 01:12 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,790 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Electric-truck maker Rivian

Shares of Rivian Automotive Inc (RIVN.O) surged as much as 53% in its Nasdaq debut on Wednesday, giving the Amazon-backed electric vehicle maker a market valuation of more than $100 billion after the world's biggest initial public offering this year.

That made Rivian the second most valuable U.S. automaker after Tesla Inc (TSLA.O), which is worth $1.06 trillion. Despite just having started selling vehicles and having little revenue to report, Rivian ranked ahead of General Motors Co (GM.N) at $86.05 billion, Ford Motor Co (F.N) at $77.37 billion, and Lucid Group (LCID.O) at $65.96 billion.

I ordered a Rivian truck months ago and test drove one Wednesday. Nice truck built in Illinois. Because I ordered one I was offered to buy up to 175 shares of their stock before it went public. Bought 175 shares for 13,650.00. As of today it's worth 21,523.00. I think a big reason for the confidence in the stock is the fact that Amazon is heavily invested in them plus they ordered 100,000 electric delivery vehicles from them.
markinnaples (12-02-2021)