View Single Post

Old 11-20-2022, 12:02 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

I have the entire restoration album and all the magazines it was in, including HotRod, Guide to Musclecars, Musclecar Review, etc., from 1985 to 1987 or so. It was an amazing car. No rust underneath but weird upper areas corroded from the Miami salt air - like the insides of the cowl, and the shaker hood itself. The rest was as solid as an Arizona desert car. And the entire born-with engine, transmission and rear came with it. As far as I know it was the only real billboard decal, 4-speed car produced. One of 5 four-speeds out of 17 total 440+6 convertibles produced. The original leather interior in that car was used by Legendary to make the patterns for the leather seats they sell for all 70/71 Cudas since 1985. When they were just a local upholstery shop in upstate New York, I brought them the seats to redo while I was going to college nearby. They said if they could keep my original leather and dissassemble it to make the patterns, they would give me a price break. I agreed and the rest is history.

If you look at the photos in the album you'll see the car (with 70 tail-lights in it to throw off the snoopers) parked in a driveway with a giant dog dish with huge teeth marks in it. And a big broken chain attached to a cinder block. That was the anti-theft device the owner used. Barking dogs are one thing...but a giant broken dog chain with a silent dog sneaking up on you from behind is a totally other level of scary. Especially since he didn't even own a dog. :-)

Feel free to point him to this thread. I'd be happy to talk to him about reuniting the album with the car or scanning it all for him. I think he lives in Rochester NY, IIRC
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 11-20-2022 at 12:27 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (11-20-2022), Dave Rifkin (11-20-2022), dykstra (11-21-2022), L_e_e (11-20-2022), olredalert (11-21-2022), Tenney (11-20-2022)