View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 10:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,668 Times in 1,212 Posts
Default Car Wax / Ceramic coating

Asking in reference to a newer car, the 2019 Ioniq we bought in March 2020.
Story here: https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthre...ighlight=ioniq

Started to add to that thread, but this really applies to lots of cars, so thought I would ask here.

One of my few gripes about this car is how hard it is to keep clean. A couple years ago, I had a local guy do a professional ceramic coating on my Mercedes. It needed a good buffing anyway. Afterwards, that was the easiest to clean car I ever had. Dirt barely stuck, and it took no effort at the car wash to get it clean.

Sherri's Hyundai, on the other hand was like a dirt magnet. So, had the same guy use the same product on her car. It did make it a little bit better, but nothing like the MB.

Last night I took my 40 year old 745i to the car wash. Paint is 20 years old (Dupont Chroma Premier). Still cleans up without a lot of effort. Brought the Bimmer home and took Sherri's car to the same car wash. Took twice as long, and still had to use a bug remover on the front bumper cover when I got home.

Is there ANY product out there that I can use on this car that lasts at least a year, AND will repel dirt better than the ceramic coating that everyone is touting?
cruiserofland (08-30-2023)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 20230831_212839.jpg 20230831_212807.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...