View Single Post
Old 09-23-2023, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNovaSS View Post
Over $40 a gallon and paid it???! Am I understanding correctly?

Jason

Yes, paid it.

The father is not mechanically inclined. The kid (15) just finished rebuilding the bike himself and, as kids do if they don't have good guidance (or any guidance), he went with "all the stuff I need to be the fastest" which apparently included a very high-compression piston.

Interestingly ... friends of my wife's family have been racing (with the OCMC here in Ontario Canada) for decades. The wife and I went to one of those races this summer and I actually commented to D (the racer) that I was surprised I didn't smell any race fuel. "Oh, no one uses that here, we just race for fun. We run pump fuel". So, here's a real racer (his son races too) and all the other people at that track/event NOT using or needing race fuel and then there's this 15 year old (who isn't made of money) "needing" high compression and race fuel when he has absolutely ZERO experience riding a dirt bike in competition and very little experience riding trails. As mentioned earlier, D has been riding for decades and his son (23) has been riding since the age of 5. My friends son doesn't stand a chance out in real competition, high-compression or otherwise.

Unfortunately I completely understand what happened here as I have personally made WAY TOO many costly or stupid mistakes myself when I was an un-guided youngster when it came to cars and performance.