View Single Post
Old 11-12-2023, 02:56 AM

Default Run Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuncio View Post
Can you share the source for your engine run stand?
Its a PRW branded run stand. I bought it used the summer before the pandemic. I was just noticing there up about 30% in price since I recall. Its a pretty good stand, but I rewired the entire setup and gave it a fuse block which has come in handy several times. I also got rid of the orignal 14 inch fan as it didnt have enough CFM. I also ditched the 2 core aluminum for an orignal 3 core GM 66/67 chevelle unit i had in my storage. Made a nice flat fan shroud to go along with it. The orignal didnt have a volt meter so i added that along with wiring to hook up an alternator if needed along with a voltage regulator.

To honest its easiets to just put the motor on the stand with as little as possible to run it in. Dad and I ran 3 motors through it in the course of a month. We found multiple leaks on dads 66 motor in terms of dumb stuff like a engine mount bolt being drilled out to the water jacket, and the main Hi Perf block plugs leaking. Its real hassel and peace of mind item to have. Once your all set with timing, jetting, and idle mix you drop it in the car and on first fire its running.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OneStopRestoration For This Useful Post:
dykstra (11-12-2023), olredalert (11-12-2023), scuncio (11-12-2023)