View Single Post
Old 05-20-2024, 05:56 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,218 Posts

I already have the air lines. I much prefer air to electric for many things. For instance, I use an air drill when I can't use the drill press. When a large electric drill "catches" it twists the chit out of my arms and shoulders; and with two artificial shoulders, I just can't take it.

I don't trip over air lines. I have drop downs on reels everywhere in the work end of my shop where I might need air. I even have drop downs on BOTH sides of my lift.

I DO have a small SnapOn 1/4 inch drive cordless ratchet, that I use continuously on small stuff. I keep a 3/8 adapter on it, and use it with most of my 3/8 sockets. In fact, it is my go to for putting on lug nuts!! That way I don't have to worry about over torquing as it maxes out at about 35 pounds; just get out the torque wrench for final torque. Yes, I still use a torque wrench for lug nuts. I realize there are torque sticks that work quite well (I even did comparisons using sticks and torque wrench at my brother's shop and was impressed with how "close" they were), but I like the peace of mind I get using a proper tool for the job. And, I don't have to settle for "close".

I have a large DeWalt electric 1/2 inch impact that I got with a bunch of crap I bought. Just don't like it. It is great for taking in the car on a trip; but when I have a car on the lift, I ALWAYS reach for the air power... even though the old SnapOn is starting to fail. I am set in my ways and really prefer air power. I am entitled, as I just turned 71.
dustinm (05-21-2024), olredalert (05-21-2024)