View Single Post
Old 10-20-2001, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Anyone know of a Fathom Blue '68 DICK HARRELL Chevelle?

Hi All,

I have to respond to what was said about the '71 BM Camaro. I have first hand knowledge about the car and the deal that was made for it. I have known about (and ridden in) this car since '72. My shop was the one that restored the car for the gentleman that Kevin purchased the car from. When I saw what was written on the site I called him and asked him what happened. He informed me that the guy from back east did have a deposit on the car but had dropped the ball as far as coming up with the money to close the deal. As far as I know from what this man told me Kevin was the first one to "pull the trigger". Emotions run high when dealing on these rare cars. The same person that owned the BM car back in '72 sold me my COPO Camaro. Two years before I bought it he had offered the car to his nephew, the nephew screwed around and tried to chisel him on the price. When I was offered the car, I appeared on his doorstep in 30 minutes with a deposit and grabbed the Protect-O-Plate to ensure the car was mine.
The nephew was so mad that I ended up with the car that he wouldn't speak to me for about a year. The upshot of this ramble is,
not to give complete credence to the guy who "lost" the deal. Most of the time it was his own fault. Frank Payne.