View Single Post
Old 08-06-2002, 12:05 AM

Default Re: The roads of 68-72 in America.

yenkochevelle69,
What a great topic! I am only 24 years old, but I have been blessed with a good job that has afforded me to own 2 very nice cars. I asked my father that very same question. He is 52 years old, so he was 18 years old in 1968. He grew up on the west side of Chicago where their was a lot of muscle car activity. He told me that durring his youth the hot thing was not the traditional muscle car but cars like the tri-five Chevys suped up, Max Wedge Dodge style cars, mid year Corvettes, and hot rods. Most muscle cars were every day cars. People drove them to school, the store, work, and in the winter! Most of the cars had period modifications done to them and were NOT stock. Most people had never heard of supercars, and don't forget that most muscle cars were "run of the mill muscle". 327's 350's etc. The big boys were the ones that had big blocks. The hobby is dominated by guys that are older and had these cars when they were younger, or wanted them when they were kids. Hopefully guys that are our age can keep the muscle car candle lit for future generations. Just my 2 cents. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

By the way I love the period pictures of your car! You are luckey to have them...Keep the period pics comming!