View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 09:45 PM
SCR Sponsor

Default Re: 1966 Yenko Stinger for sale

Ok I'll play the Devil's advocate.

Jack Douglass Direct ordered COPOs to sell as Yenkos. Don Yenko and Yenko Sports Cars ,Inc. were not aware of the situation in 1969 and they never found out either. The parts department at Yenko Chevy was ready for a clone Rush as they thought nothing of sending Jack 22 or so stripe kits without question.

Don Yenko was wealthy beyond anyones imagination and the royalties from the sale of Jack's cars meant nothing to him or his family.

Jack was never a Dealer in the Yenko Network. Don was feeling philanthropic ,when he included Jack's name.

Don did not have much of an ego and couldn't care less how many cars Yenko Sports Cars, Inc. sold to the public. Don didn't care that someone would steal his idea and use his name in an unauthorized fashion. He would never consider a car that wasn't invoiced to Cannonsberg one of his own.
Jack was a poor desperate car dealer and needed to steal from Don in order to be succesful.

This is why there was never any legal action against Jack or his dealership. The small unimportant Chicago Metro market was alowed to flounder because Don Yenko was a poor Business man.

Jack and Don never spoke when the saw each other at the various race tracks or taverns after the races for victory celebrations ,as they had no other common interests.

Jack made up very colorfull stories about Dona Mae and they are fictitious as the two never met.

<font color="red"> Yeah right, get real guys! </font color> .

I do appreciate all the positive private e-mails which I have received over the past few days in support of the Douglass Yenkos, but,Gentlemen ,Tom has opened up the forum and given everyone a chance to present their opinions and thoughts. We would all best be served if they were presented here in the open.
Everyone should be clear on my thoughts!