View Single Post
Old 06-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Why race your supercar

Rob is out of town for a couple of days, following a successful night at the track. He and a friend went to Test and Tune at Memphis last night, only to find the place packed, with both racers and spectators. He was afraid that he might not get to make very many passes, but ended up making a total of eight, all in the 12s. He even set his, and the cars, personal best of 12.799. On top of that, the car was a huge hit. After his first pass, and once the announcer and the crowd realized that there was a "real" Yenko Camaro atttending, Rob was swarmed by fellow racers and fans. He was barely able to tune the car between passes because of the attention the car was getting. Everyone was asking questions, with several taking pictures. He finally took shoe polish and wrote "its real" on the back window.

That is one of the neat things about owning/racing a Yenko, the attention it generates where ever you go. And, it allows the newer generation to see first hand what our cars and out hobby is all about. Believe me, racers of all ages have respect for any car that can run in the 12s in factory stock trim. It is one thing to debate whose/what car is faster on buliten boards, but a whole different game at the track.

In closing, I would encourage any one who owns a supercar to do the same. And, I am sure many of the guys who have raced at a SCR event would tell you the same. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...