View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Jim Kirby's 1968 Harrell Funny Car for Sale!

396L35,
Who in the heck is trying to charge money? They are basically holding history hostage! Porterfield went way out of his way to restore the ZL-1 to be the Harrell car, now history has to stop for the next generations so they cant experience it? If Dick were with us I am sure he would want nothing more then to see his life's work and ambitions respected and paid tribute to by having his name out there for everyone to see and enjoy to this day. He wouldnt want a few bucks in his pocket, he would want to hear his name over the loudspeaker at the drags! I would give anything possible to have that funny car, I would put Dick's name back on the car and let the attorneys try and catch me to try and take it off. The current owner didnt give me a ball park figure, so I dont know if this is something feasible for me to alter my life to go after or not. This car needs to be put back as it was to preserve history! A new owner could always get a legal name change to Dick Harrell then put it on the car!
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]