Thread: Carolina Blue
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 03:25 AM

Thanks Kurt,

As long as that Dupont number can be crossed I can have them mix a small amount for a spray out. Only thing I'm worried about is that some old numbers like that they have been unable to find or work with in the past. Fingers crossed.

At this point, I don't know if they can scan it, what I have showing are in precarious spots. The door jamb would be the best bet as I slightly peeled back the original tire/load decal to reveal the blue behind it. I haven't peeled it back enough for a scan, just some photos for myself to document this thing as I go. I've sent a few pictures to a friend that posts here, and have had a few others actually look at the color in person.

I've known of this for quite a while but didn't really put it all together till recently when I sent out for the NCRS, after almost 35 years of ownership lol, and found the car sold new in Winston Salem. I had my suspicions though, I found the car in Charlotte back then. - - on the cowl tag so I always knew is was a special paint car. Put 2 and 2 together and realized I've been looking at Carolina Blue.

I'll document more of the car when I tear into it with plenty of pictures, and hope that I can find a large enough section to reveal that I can polish up for good photos and color matching before I completely strip it, but I'm 100% sure at this point that's what I have.