View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 11:35 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,491 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
keith how hard was it to get the job of testing vehicles there? i would only imagine you would have to be an engineer, several years of service and ??? did you ever get to do that job?
I went to GMI (General Motors Institute – the General’s own college for training engineers and managers) so with my engineering degree, combined with my assembly plant experience, I could pretty much write my own ticket.

After I had transitioned from the assembly plant into an engineering/assembly liaison position, management came around looking for volunteers to move to Arizona. We often vacationed out there growing up and I thought it would be a cool place to live and work, so I raised my hand.

Upon further review they decided I should have some development experience before moving out there so they assigned me to the Milford Proving Ground first. I ended up staying at Milford for three years (’86-’89) and then at the Desert Proving Ground for four (’90-’94).

K
'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph best

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 11-28-2022 at 06:59 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
69M22Z (11-28-2022), Big Block Bill (11-28-2022), Xplantdad (11-28-2022)