View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 06:21 PM

Just as a report on progress - there hasn't been much. I have had other small projects around the house, the doctors have my back doing much better and I don't want to get it aggravated again, and a couple of months ago I lost my best friend - the one that I could talk to about cars and he would come help me, and joking with each other kept us laughing and enjoying what we were doing.
So I'm still looking for someone who I can get to fix a lot of the little things still going on with the car .... like - tach doesn't work, fuel gauge doesn't work, no taillights, no turn signals, power wire from tranny kick-down switch needs to go to something, etc. Things like that , that I don't know a lot about really try my patience anymore.
Friend down the street who I've paid for work plenty of times before - he's a retired mechanic - is older now too and his wife's mother is taking more of their time, etc. But I'm going to check on him and see if he's doing anything.
Last resort I'll take the car to a local restoration shop and pony up the bucks - if my back ain't hurting when the car is done - I guess that's a win.
Wish me luck ....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TomN For This Useful Post:
454_Malibu (10-22-2021), 69M22Z (12-29-2021), GearheadSS (10-22-2021), L_e_e (10-21-2021), mhurd (10-21-2021), PeteLeathersac (10-21-2021), Pro Stock John (10-22-2021)