View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 11:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,111 Times in 546 Posts

Once I got it home, I began to spend more time online on this site, CRG, & Team Camaro looking for additional ways to confirm the COPO status. Armed with more info, I felt much more confident that I had indeed just bought a COPO. I pm’d a member on this site and gave some info regarding my suspicions. He recommended having Jerry Macneish look at it before posting stuff online just to make sure it was legit. I contacted Jerry to get the inspection set up. In the meantime, I continued to do more research and became close to 100% confident in the COPO status. Ordered the NCRS docs to get the selling dealer - Ray Bryant Chevrolet in Dayton, Ohio. I began to start researching ownership history by contacting the owner prior to the guy I bought the car from - got his name off the title. The mileage on the title stated 12,300 miles. That owner remembered the car well and promptly sent me a photo of the car when he had it back in the early 1980's. The pic below is that photo. He also gave me the name/number of the guy he bought it from.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to R68GTO For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (04-10-2021)