View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 08:22 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9C1Beater View Post
Rally, here are photos of the driver's side shock. The part number is 2200260...I couldn't find a date code. The shocks are in very good condition...I cleaned them with Simple Green and they look nearly new. In the 3rd photo you can get a better look at the 6 spring leaves. At the very forward top of both springs are faded yellow stickers that I couldn't get photos of due to their close proximity to the floor. They say "WARREN" and have what appears to be a picture of a leaf spring below. Maybe someone on here can comment on those stickers, which I am guessing show they were built by the spring shop at the GM Tech Center in Warren, MI. The stickers appear to be made of vinyl, and right below them are paper labels with very dirty and faded numbers. I will have to clean them to be able to read what they say.

The last photo is the lug nuts, which are stamped "RBW"...I believe they are probably original to the car. I pulled another hubcap and they were also RBWs. It also appears that the muffler and exhaust pipes are GM originals. The car has 120k original miles and was in LA until 2017...a nice climate for classic cars.
Good pics, heavy duty Delco Big D Shocks, good for the F41 suspension. And heavy duty springs.

Last edited by RALLY; 12-26-2019 at 02:55 AM.