View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 03:00 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,173 Posts

You are probably confused by all the talk about "reverse lock out" parts (bell crank, rods, etc.) when in fact most guys are referring to the factory reverse interlock system. It does not in any way "lock out" reverse. It is one of my pet peeves. That and referring to a VIN as a "VIN number". The factory never offered a "reverse lock out" system.

Some guys also refer to that system as the "backdrive". I have no idea if that is what GM called it. I have always referred to the reverse interlock system. With everything hooked up as it came from the factory, you cannot turn the key all the way to the off position without first putting the car in reverse. The linkage (hooked to the trans) would turn a collar on the steering column allowing the key to be moved to the off position.

What you have is a true "reverse lock out" that is designed so you don't accidently put it in reverse at the drag strip and accidently crash into the car behind you when you in fact meant to go forward.

You should probably post in the for sale section. I believe you are supposed to be a paid member to do so.