View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 10:35 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtech View Post
Not many updates on the car except I've been accumulating parts. Unfortunately, no progress toward acquiring the born with complete engine and no progress on finding original transmission.

I contacted the Petersen Automotive museum to search for photos of the car but after a few weeks they replied saying they didn't have anything from the area pre 1972.

Bruce says he raced the car on the strip since new well into 1968. He remembers his original license plate number is "BC 1200".

Because the car had the tailpan replaced, I decided to call Bruce (Original Owner) and ask if he was ever in an accident. Before I could finish he said, "Yeah, guy hit me in the ass God Damn!". This confirms the tailpan was replaced during the first ownership and why the Bobb Chevrolet emblem holes were gone.

We were talking for a bit and he said back then he'd run a set of slicks with two grooves for the street and a set of traditional slicks for the strip. The car was raced all the time on the street.

There is a show/cruise in being planned Saturday August 6th in Logan OH and I feel it's the right thing to do to bring the car back so all of the previous owners and their families could enjoy the car. With gas prices soaring, it will be a big undertaking for me as I've never done such a thing. Thus, I'm rushing to get the car running. For me, this is a car guys dream to be able to meet the original owner and God willing come home with original documents, parts, photos, and stories.
Jose, you should have it trailered both ways.
The Following User Says Thank You to luzl78 For This Useful Post:
jbtech (05-18-2022)