View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,875 Times in 1,003 Posts
Default Re: Special thanks to Bruce and Sam!!!

Here is a shot early on in the flight as we were headed into the Superstition Mountains. He cut the airspeed as we neared the mountain and I would guess we were doing something in the mid 200 knot or lower range.

I thought the second shot was as close as he was going to get and likely about 100 feet off the port wing. Nope!

How about maybe 25' feet off the port wing! Unreal. Bill is a phenomenal pilot to say the least and kept everything under control the entire flight. Upon return to the airport and while on final, Bill lowered the gear and cut the throttle back. At that very moment the tower came on and yelled, "51! Go Around! Go Around! I just barely caught a glimps of it but a Cessna 172 turned onto final just in front and below us. Bill immediately pulled the gear up, advanced to full throttle and blew right past the Cessna. When reaching the end of the runway he pulled straight up and corkscrewed. ALL of this was caught on a ground video camera operated by my brother as well as my video camera in the plane. The very next day while visiting Sea World in California, someone broke into the trunk of the car and stole my video case with all the video and camera. The only thing I had in my possession was the roll of film from a still camera that I also had with me.

Eat a light lunch, do LOTS of situps, running and weighlifting and I will see you on the flightline Eddie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations