View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
x33

Ya your one of the lucky one's, EXCEPT this year for year round weather. Parents have a place in Mesa and been going since 2000. Stay usually Oct till April. Dad got a brain tumor in '14 and kept saying he wanted to go back to Az. Didn't go in '15 but back in '16, '17 and passed away there in January '18. We know about the lic and insurance on the new car stuff. too. Cheaper to ship a car there AND BACK then to do that the lic and insure a new car.

Back about 2008. Dad tried to buy a '55 T-bird for his Az car. Seen one at BJ action. BUT he didn't have his bank stuff so he said just swipe the card for 200K. They wouldn't do it.
Sorry to hear about your father. Sounds like he really liked it down here. We get a lot of seasonal sun bunnies. It was the weather here that talked us into making it our permanent home.

My parents did the same after a couple of visits. When they made the move, my fathers 2014 pickup was already going on 4 years old. Tags were still nearly $600 for it, on a 4 year old truck! He turned pail, I thought he was going to hit the floor, lol. What was even funnier is when they offer you to buy up to 5 years in advance. LOL

Last edited by x33rs; 03-12-2019 at 02:34 PM.