View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please

Ok, folks...first of all, thanks for all the kind remembrances. I am sure Larry would have been humbled by them.

On to a bit of business...with caution.

Yesterday, I met with the detective assigned to the theft of Larry's property. There was more stolen than just the cars and trailer, but I am going to try to limit my post here to the vehicles.

The detective's name is Rick Eberle and is assigned to the Auto Theft Division of the Tulsa Police Department. I told him of Ed's and my posting of the theft to the internet, both here and the Mopar site I frequent. He said it was a good idea, as the general agreement here and in the detective's mind - according to him - is the theft was accomplished by someone close to Larry.

Rick's phone number is: 918-669-6560/FAX:918-669-6521.

I gave Rick a disc I burned with photos of the cars stolen and a list of the cars Larry owned and where I believe them to be located.

The unusual thing of this is Larry only had one set of keys to his building{s}. PERIOD! Noone has ever, in the 33 years Larry and I were buddies, been allowed onto his property[ies] or into his building[s] without his accompanying the person. PERIOD!

For a period of almost a week, following Larry's death, all his keys were, for the first time ever, in another's hands - NOT a relative! I'll go into no further details with who, just suffice it to say, it was a first. At any rate, the keys were finally anted up to the attorney retained by Dee - Larry's mate - after 6 days of the other party's possesion of them.

Larry had a Dodge Caravan - just a work truck - which contained tools of his trade and many other items. That van has not been seen since the night Larry died. It was whisked away "for safekeeping" by the same party who snagged Larry's wallet from his jeans, removed all the cash Larry had on his person from him, AND muscled the Gold Rolex Submariner off his arm! Same person, again, NOT A RELATIVE!

The next day, the red Dodge dually we used to tow the 1970 B/M car to the reunion disappeared from Larry's driveway to his home. Also, this other party was observed - by Dee ane myself - removing the titles from Larry's file cabinet, rifling the drawers of his office and getting into Larry's computer. The other party said he was removing all of this, and a few more items, for safekeeping. Same person and person's wife, again, NOT RELATIVES!!

Fast forward to either yesterday or Thursday, and a court order to remand custody of all Larry's titles and personal property to the Tulsa Police/Sheriff department.

At my meeting with Rick Aderle - here at home - he showed me the titles recovered. Among the titles were the ones for the 1970 B/M car and the title to the Black 1969 Larry believed to be a B/M. All of the titles were not returned and the other party still, after being served with the order, retains posession of Larry's van and Dodge pickup.

I am so frustrated, I don't know what to do. I personally have seen the vehicles in front of the other party's house [the pickup] on the street - yeah, it's safer - and the van is in his back yard.

I need ideas of what to do, guys. Neither Ed nor I have any real input or say-so about this robbery, except basically, what I have entered here being witnessed by me.

The thief used a key to steal the cars. The back gate to Larrys building was used for egress. It was chained and padlocked at the time of the discovery of the theft.

A key was used to enter Larry's house. I put a big hasp and padlock up after that, but the damage had been done. I am LIVID, but frustrated.

I respond best to e-mails at [email protected] or, call me.

Send me an e-mail, tell me who you are and you get my phone number.

Thanks for responding to this, folks. I am beside myself.

Perry Litchfield
[email protected]

[ QUOTE ]
sure sorry to hear about this....he was a neat guy
will it be possiable to get a vin # list of the cars?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think for now, until all the titles have been accounted for and a few more loose ends are tied up, the VIN list will be better not revealed. Maybe in time...