View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 08:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt S View Post
They sunk a lot of time and money into making the dealer data available. I don't know that any other group that would have been able to do that.
The GM Media Archives has been quite capable of managing and providing access to significantly larger amounts of information. It really seems absurd to me that the NCRS got exclusive access to these shipping records instead. Do you know how much it cost them or what year it was? From what I've seen the expense had been recouped at least 10 fold.

The NCRS decided what information to hold back and use for their own purposes. Perhaps the rest of us poor cousins were lucky to get reports at all, even though it was ~5 years later. We will likely never get the order# that is also stamped on the trim tags. Unlike all of the Corvettes I expect the majority of muscle cars dont have build sheets on the gas tanks to be 'validated'. The recent discussions about clones like now infamous LS-6 wannabe is what got me looking into this to begin with.

I had no idea until now that the order# is also on the monthly shipping reports. Maybe everyone knows this and I am just late to the party as usual.

Last edited by rlw68; 11-01-2019 at 08:53 PM. Reason: corrected link to LS-5