View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,116 Times in 328 Posts
Default Re: Supercar Registry

The real purpose of the registry is to preserve the legacy of these Supercars. Many of us who have been in the hobby for a while have our own data bases that we have collected over the years. At some point, it's time to confront the fact that we're not getting any younger (especially me), and we need to preserve the known data about each car. The registry is asking owners (and former owners) to register their cars, and enthusiasts to share your data. Think of this as a contribution, a legacy, to the hobby that we love and enjoy. We realize that many of the contributors to this site have spent countless hours tracking down information on the Supercars. You could easily say - "why should I give away information that I worked so hard to uncover?". Well, the simple answer is "why not?". You can't take it with you. It makes sense (to me) to place the information in a repository where it can be permanently stored, collated, and cross referenced. Sure - keep information about hidden treasures if you must, but share what you can.
Soooo....we are asking OWNERS and FORMER OWNERS - to PM me with their email address to get the form to register their cars. We are asking ALL ENTHUSIASTS to send in information that they have gathered on individual Supercars (submit it by scans, faxes, snail mail, etc.). If copying is a pain - send in the files and I'll make copies - originals will be returned fully and securely. All information will be collated and cross referenced for accuracy. This data will not be made public (initially) and the names of the contributors will not be disclosed without their permission. Ultimately, it would be great to have a public registry (think Shelby Registry), but that is way down the road. The site will acknowledge cars that are officially registered. We have all seen cars that are advertised as "registered on the Supercar web site". The truth is that cars may appear on the VIN list, but they are not "registered". Please - let's get them officially REGISTERED.