Thread: NOS AC Filter
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 05:41 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shauger View Post
The embossed filters are rare and bring good money. BTW the seller is a member of the site. What is your issue? If its because of price keep searching.
I never complain about prices. In fact, I'm overjoyed in spades with the prices ebay brings on rare items.

However.... the pictured lettering on the filter shows it's a SD filter, which in AC Filter speak means it fits some kind of four cylinder Opel, not a Chevrolet. Same SD lettering is also on the box, same as it is on the filter. Look at the pictures, not just what the seller says in the description. Chevrolet seals near the outer edge of the filter. The one pictured certainly doesn't.

Continuing, according to my 1971 AC catalogue, OD on a SD filter is 2 15/16, OD on PF25 shows 3 17/32. Another thing, an SD filter has 3/4 x 16 threads, PF25 filter has 13/16 x 16 threads. You'd probably be able to use it if it comes with an adapter.

Now, if seller put up the wrong pictures and it is in fact a PF25 , an explanation needs to be added to clear up any misconceptions.

This isn't rocket surgery.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Brown For This Useful Post:
Burd (04-16-2018), m22mike (04-16-2018)