View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts
Default Re: NJ Steves Project Pit Viper...

I spent the day cleaning the garage, starting the cars and moving them all out. The Grampa's car (1971 Lincoln), the Gramma's car (1975 Firebird), and the Viper. Hooked the battery cable up at the junction box and the Viper started right up! Amazing. Haven't driven it in over year.

Me and the boy then took the car out for a ride and to return the truck jack stands I borrowed from my buddy. I was using them under the SD455 to get the bottom cleaned. It took me ten minutes to get the four jackstands wrapped up in towels and into the trunk. It was like playing a three dimensional game of Tetris. That is one small trunk!

I forgot how angry, loud and obnoxious this car is to drive. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

We went out and stopped for some Italian ice. (no cupholders) Then we cruised around a little and drove through Dodge dealership where they had a brand new (but unsold) 2015 black and silver Viper sitting on the lot. Marked down from $109,999 to only $99,999. What a bargain! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img] They announced that they are killing off the Viper next year in 2017. Who knows what they will do in the future for a halo car, since the Heck-Kitty outpowers the V10 by 70 horses or so.

While dropping the jackstands off at my buddy's garage a guy pulls in and asks if I want to sell the Viper. My son yells &quot;HELL NO, IT'S MINE&quot;

That made me quite proud. He's officially a car-guy now.

He gets his learner's permit this Fall. I told him he has to learn how to drive a manual transmission first - luckily our 2001 Trans Am has the same T56 transmission.

Be afraid...be very afraid. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img]