View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 05:07 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts
Default Re: NEW Indoor Car Show in Chicago in November?

[ QUOTE ]
Curious how Bob would use the ALL the square footage at Donald Stephens center, IF show was opened to ALL brands of Classic American muscle.

Given how the show has so many misc Corvettes, taking up ??? percent of the floor.....and then the misc Chevy brands. The swap meet vendors take up the rest.

How do you propose cutting back on Vettes and Chevys to accomodate everybody else????????

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent question. The emphasis will continue to be on Quality and not Quantity.

I opened the door to this by requiring photos with the entries, which the previous owners never did. With each show, I was able to "raise the bar" by turning away entries that had been in the show multiple times and also returning sub-par entrants.

With the help of the sYc membership, I was able to do this, by replacing many of the daily driver type cars with vehicles recruited and invited. The special showcase displays are an example of this transition. By utillizing the talent and contacts of recognized and respected enthusiats, we plan to continue this momentum.

Bottom line, a check and an entry fee will not necessarily get a car into the show.

BA
www.mcacn.com