View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 07:47 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Hi everyone, and thanks for the well wishes and PMs.

It's true, I've wanted real XTs back on it forever... I had a real, 69 dated, original HO paint XT in the trunk for a long time, but it just wasn't right.

And yes, I looked for years for good, correctly dated K18 XT ones... I found two August ones dated 08-20 a couple of years ago and had been trying to match those up... but then found a set of five dated in October 1968 on eBay and pulled the trigger, he knew what they were and they weren't cheap, I wasn't sure if I liked the dates, but I'd never seen a matched set of five K18 ones before, ever... so.

In my search for K18 dates on XT wheels, I have seen / verified the following dates:

08-20 (my pair on the shelf)
08-19
08-16
10-22 & 10-23 (set on my car now)

I know those last dates are too tight for my 10C build, but close enough (for now) IMHO. And I always fretted that August were too early...

Should we start tracking dates of these XT wheels (here on this thread)?

I'm also wondering on how dates of wheels / rims line up with vehicle assembly dates - should I expect that earlier OCT wheels would've been on my car? I'm also going to assume these were built in batches as being made in lesser quantities than other types of wheels... So, not sure if they would've had some in September maybe? But as I said, the above are the only K18 dates I've seen so far.

Thanks again sYc Friends!
Anthony