Thread: G.O. Bowl 2017
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default G.O. Bowl 2017

Hey Gang,

My shop complex is known as Garage Oasis, and it's a place made up of about 80 garage condos. Most guys house their collections there, polished floors, mezzanines with pool table, bars, etc. Me? I'm the riff-raff in there with tools and dust everywhere [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] Each year a guy across the alley from me throws a huge Super Bowl bash, and I affectionately call it, the G.O. Bowl!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]. There's going to be about 100 people there, and we're having a car show as well. So to contribute, I made up these trophies to hand out.

I needed to get a few parts from the Bee chromed and decided to add some bling to the trophies, so I got them plated. The gold one is the Ladies Choice award. The others are Hottest Hauler, Coolest Cruiser, and People's Choice.

The parts are Ford FE connecting rods, Camshaft courtesy of a wiped out lobe 327 Vette engine, and intake/exhaust valves from a FE Ford too. Bases are engine pulleys I had laying around too. The color is base/clear Kona Blue from a 2010 Mustang I had leftover from painting my 56 Nomad years ago. Pinstripes and the center chrome molding is just to add some pop! Labels are sticky vinyl on chrome paper. I welded the parts up and then tacked on a threaded rod that runs through the whole assembly and bolts all the parts together. That way, once the winner is announced, he/she can hoist the trophy in the air screaming, &quot; Yes!!! Yes!!! In your face suckahs!!!!!&quot; and not have the trophy fall apart resulting in parts flying all over and denting hoods/foreheads resulting in massive lawsuits [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

I'll post up winners tomorrow! Hopefully the rain holds out! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Dave
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...