Thread: 69 Zl1 Corvette
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2001, 02:30 PM

Default Re: 69 Zl1 Corvette

William, I own a white ZL1 Vette. I don't know the ZL1 you are referencing as a L88 to ZL1 dealer conversion. I disagree with the statement that the Yellow one is the only one documented. I know you are only repeating things you've heard though.

Anyway the history on my White ZL1 vette as an original GM ZL1 Vette has been known since its delivery to the original owner in 1969. In other words it didn't materialize out of thin air. It was drag raced by the original owner for the first year and a half after he took delivery. I have the contract between the original owner and the owner of the Professional Racing team, as well as their affadavits stating it to be a GM factory installed ZL1. The original owner of this ZL1 Vette traded it away, after only owning it the year and a half; but not knowing it was one of only 2 built. He said it was headed circle track racing complete with the next owner having installed Roll Cage, Fuel Cell, and Flares. The notarized affadavits from the original owner and the owner of the Race Team attest that my ZL1 was a GM factory original ZL1 Vette evidenced by the window sticker in 1969, (not dealer installed). The original owner is Jack Cheskaty, who is still alive and currently is the US Treasury IRS Director of the Rocky Mountain region of 5 states. He provided his notarized affadavit of my ZL1 Vette on his official US Treasury letterhead. He did this at a time when he did not own this ZL1 Vette and had no monetary gain in doing so. No one in this high of a Government Position would make a notarized statement on his official letterhead unless it were absolutely true. Any person who is in doubt of this man's statement, is perhaps in need of an Income Tax audit.

There is a Magazine article (I'm not at home right now to be able to post what issue, as it is in the ZL1 file) in which Zora Duntov and Jim Perkins visited this ZL1 Vette at Otis Chandler's Museum, several years before I purchased it from Otis. The article has a photo of Zora sitting in this Vette etc, and discussion by Zora and Jim Perkins about this ZL1 as they knew this was one of the ZL1 Vettes. Kevin.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperCars For This Useful Post:
1969L89Corvette (06-27-2023), John (12-19-2021), rsinor (06-24-2023)