View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 10:01 PM

Default Re: 68-69 motion chevelle hood.

rat tuned,
This was a PhaseIII L78 ,so it has the SS396 badges,--there is----- PHASE III----- in white letters on both side of the stingray hood---which I had to remove right after I got the car , because some car-guys knew of the awesome PHASEIII 427 camaro and the PHASEIII letters would make it tough to get a money-run--they figured I was trying to sting them with a 427 under the hood and 396 badges on the car---lot of mind games back then.
As far as I've noticed in hood catalogs there isn't a stock # for a stingray scooped fiberglass hood for a 68/69 Chevelle [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]??---But with the specs, a good fiberglass man could make a copy of almost anything-----you just have to see if the price fits into your budget on how much you want to spend.--------------------JoeG [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Photos---I sent some photos to be posted---so you could see just another of the different flavors of MOTION cars in the 60's---American car companys were on a muscle-car roll mid-60's to early 70--it was hard to keep up and try to stay ahead of some heavy muscle,- with all the horse-power they were throwing at you----but like a lot of car-guys, I had a hell-of a lot of fun trying to!!!------- [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]--- [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]