Thread: 2020 Corvette
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 08:32 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,169 Posts

Yes, it is a bit busy. Yes, there are a few too many angular lines. But overall, Chevy did what they almost always do: they got the proportions correct. Overall, it is stunning. And seriously, the BASE model scoots 0-60 in UNDER 3 seconds? Rare air there.

I read the story "I am a little disappointed" in the link provided by Lee.
I thought the commentary was way overly harsh. He complained about the SHORT nose. I think it is perfect, especially with a mid engine lay out. One of the issues with many Corvettes over the years is the LONG nose, and not knowing when you are going to hit something.
Guy just whined about way too much.
Virtually all the car makers have added way more angular lines, ridges and bumps lately. It is the trend, and whether you like it or not, this styling fits right into 2020. Personally, I would have liked a little smoother. But that sure isn't enough to dissuade me from purchasing one.

Someone said it reminds them of a McLaren. I agree. There are only so many general shapes you can come up with on a mid engine car, and this GENERAL shape is the grand slam.

At least 58% of the folks that took the poll at the end of the article agree with me. Way more than that, if you also count the nuetral votes. Only 16% agreed with the author. I am guessing the responders represent a good cross section of prospective buyers. It is a winner.

Here are the poll results as of 3:30 pm central time today, July 19, 2019:

Were you disappointed by the design of the C8 Corvette?

16% Yes, very disappointed
21% Maybe a little disappointed
58% No, not disappointed at all
5% No opinion / Other

Based on 624 responses.
69LM1 (07-20-2019)