View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Information/history of a 72 Motion Camaro in NC

Thanks for the replies fellas.

When Scott and I test drove it back in '84/85 (can't recall but around that timeframe) it had a BBC with headers, MOTION valve covers, round MOROSO 'bug-eye' air filter, etc.
Back then we were not so aware of the potential and history a legit MOTION car would have these days! Even back in '84 it was pretty beat up but had not been painted over. Originally it was blue with white stripes. In the pictures you can see the blue paint in several places. We removed the trunk spoiler but I did not get any pics. I'm planning on taking some more pictures tomorrow of such things as the leaf spring brackets, traction bars, aftermarket high flow fuel pump up in the rear axle tunnel (and the model if we can read it). Also note there are holes in the rocker panels where side pipes may have once been located.

The manifolds are a mystery to us as well. Scott bought the car pretty much as is missing the engine but a TH400 did come with it. When I drove it back in '84 it had an automatic and the shifter was a HURST V-Matic ratchet style shifter. I am still amazed the last NC registration expired in 1985.

I will try and get pictures of all the tell-tale items and paint and stripe details tomorrow. If any of you here have any requests please post here and I'll try and get pics.

Now if only we could find a build sheet or something. So far we've checked the seat bottoms, behind the back seats, and peered into the deteriorating headliner. Maybe one will turn up under the carpet.

Quote:
The only thing i question is why would the car have stock exhaust manifolds over headers.
We were wondering how and why SBC manifolds were there as well.
Apparently the next owner damaged the BBC, removed it and replaced it with a Small Block.

Quote:
Good luck with your car. The best thing you can try to do is get an NCIB report which traces the cars insurance history & will hopefully bring you to the dealership it was originally purchased from.
As for that, please PM info! That would be a huge accomplishment short of having Joel Rosen himself verify it.

Now we're checking into how much gas it will cost to trailer it up to SCR, work schedule permitting.

Last edited by Chris KH2PM; 06-12-2017 at 01:18 AM.