View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 10:25 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

Last day of coolant filling and rechecking. She only took half a cup today and was finally full. Started her up and took her for a drive. Ran steady at 175 to 180 (I think). When driving at operating temperature the needle sits on the left slash of the three middle hashmarks. Hard to actually tell the real running temperature since the gauge starts at 0 and goes to 250. In the middle of the gauge are three hash marks with a "190" under them. But if you cut 250 in half, it would presumable be 175 at the halfway point in the gauge? When I use the infra-red thermometer, the temps on the heater hoses, return lines, and radiator hoses range from 140 to 190. So, anyway, I'm done with the coolant refresh.

And you can see the infamous yellow zone on the gauge that Dodge decided to remove for 1994 so owner's couldn't complain of the cars running in the gauge's hot zone any more.

On to the brake fluid flush next. I used Castrol SRF back when I last changed it in 2,000 and it looks absolutely pristine in the master cylinder at the moment. Very expensive but it is the best stuff on the planet when it comes to highest temperature boiling point. Back when I used to race the car, everything else I tried would boil and lead to brake pedal fade and air in the system after a few laps. This stuff lasted the longest under the Florida track heat.
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 11-25-2021 at 02:28 AM.