View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Ram Air IV versus 455 HO

Yes it still looks similar. It has a few hard drag race miles on it but has never had a cage or anything welded in it. The body panels are all original. The car was supposedly acid dipped or special sheet metal or something. but I can't verify that for sure. It does only wheigh 3250 complete and all steel and full interior. It's the lightest firebird I have seen. I personally ran 12.00's for 12 years in it just so I wouldn't have to cage it. I did dip it into the 11's a few times here and there. I built the Turbocharged car a couple of years ago and retired the RAIV car. I have accumulated alot of the parts That The dealer removed.
They trew out the RAIV pans and flappers on day one after Tom Nell told them they were worthless and heavy!!!
The lettering on the sides is no longer on the car but the lace is still mostly there.
and it was actually raced with a 67 RAI carburator?? who knows why. I have the correct carb for it though. It was also changed to an M20 at half year to take advantage of the low first gear. The pontiacs could run the wider ratio and pull it off.
I'm glad you guy's appreciate it.
That car has been one hell of a race car for me and It holds alot of memories.

I actually had a buddy with RAIV convertible that has had some talk about it on this site as well. I brokered the deal between him and Marc S. and got burned by him in the end. So beware. You think he'd appreciate a deal where he bought a car for $29,000 and sold it for over $60,000. with out doing anything. The car had no original motor, tranny, rear and the body was rough. I still know where the original short block is for that car. It's rotting in a guys back yard here in CT. Totally worthless at this point unfortunately.
Thanks for the welcome. This seems to be a great site!
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post:
olredalert (02-25-2023)