View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 11:11 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Default NOS GM 4 bolt 454 short block !

Hi sYc Friends, exciting find here today:

I'm offering a genuine NOS GM 4 bolt 454 short block in as-found condition, I would think you'd want to go through it before building it up; it's been sitting for a while.

It's a 14015445 casting, not sure how to decipher a date, but there's a "T096" stamp on the underside and a casting of 252 by the rear. No suffix code / date on the semi circular machined pad on the front over the timing cover; it's blank. Not a XAA or XCH

It's obviously new and never fired or had oil in it.

standard sized 3963550 LS6 pistons (11.0:1 closed chambered) and dimple 7/16 rods, cannot picture the dimples, but can feel them.

four bolt mains - covered in inspection markings and purple, green, and orange inspection paint daubs, never painted still bare, in factory coating.

has a cam of unknown configuration - no lifters - nylon cam sprocket teeth.

has a timing cover.

I can't see a casting number on the crank, but pictured the wide forged parting line.

disclosures: there seems to be some surface rust from what was likely condensation in one of the bores at the bottom - doesn't look terrible to me (pictured). There is also a slight scratch on the deck surface near a piston bore but it doesn't extend to the bore and barely catches your fingernail (pictured). Some other odd oxidation / rust maybe other places, but nothing fatal, IMHO.

Many photos below for a full picture, let me know if you want any others or have any questions.

It's clearly a later OTC 7.4L block.

a new, standard bore 4-bolt 454 with LS-6 pistons & dimple rods and a forged crank and standard - a great start for a project build.

I prefer not to ship this.

I will consider delivering in SoCal.

Cheers all, and be safe & well.
Anthony
Attached Images

Last edited by AnthonyS; 02-04-2022 at 03:37 AM. Reason: update listing
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_5314.jpg IMG_5313.jpg IMG_5312.jpg IMG_5311.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...