View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I actually know a former owner of this car,
Used to be a real deal SS 454 LS5 car built out of Arlington Plant, he still has photos of the CS Tag for an Auto LS5 400 along with a bit of history on the car.
He told me it was converted to a LS6 car right after he sold it, Next seller knowing it had a perfect match for the rear end (3.31 Auto Posi code had both the same rear axle for LS5 & LS6) then added a bogus CY trans tag that was incorrectly stamped and finally putting in a CE Warranty LS6 block (Which is BS with no documents to back it up). Knowing there was NO Build sheet for this Arlington car stated it was an LS6 after these changes NASTY.
Destroyed what was already a true LS5 SS, also never had stripes before it was turned into a LS6 CLONE.
My verification for this car would have taken minutes to do if someone hired me to do the inspection LOL. Pretty sad what goes on but it is happening a lot more today.
I tell my clients not to buy cars at auctions anyways as there are about only 10% to 20% of the cars being real IMO and from my experience.