View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 04:33 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

About to start the engine build of a high rpm solid roller 302 for the 69 car. I'll need to reinforce the bottom end really well and use some good rods in the short block, and still need to decide what heads & valve train I'll use? I have fuelies, and other iron heads here but will likely run the new 186 aluminum heads from trick flow if they ever release them? If not I'll run a set of AFR's as they'll need to be something that really flows well on the upper end between 4K and 8K for some fun little pulls around here. I've started collecting day II parts including an Ansen Bell, an M22 trans that I'll be using, and some Lakewood J bars to keep the tires from hopping. I now have a nice trio of Sun Gauges that are on their way courtesy of Dave Siltman, and still hoping to find a Lakewood 3-point roll barif anybody has the correct one sitting around? I have a couple sets of Vintage wheels to choose from now and I'm now on the hunt for some other things including;
  • Lakewood Driveshaft Loop (Sourced NMW)
  • Lakewood 3 Point Roll Bar 50000/54010 Kit (Sourced)
  • Hurst Line Loc (old style) NOS? (Sourced)
  • Hurst or Gabriel Shocks NOS? (Sourced)
  • Vintage Stahl or Period Correct Large Tube Headers (Sourced)
  • Period Mufflers (other than bottles) (Sourced)
  • Restored Dual Point (Sourced)
  • NOS Plug Wires (Sourced)
  • Original HP Coil (Sourced)
  • Vintage 9K Tach (Sourced)
  • Vintage 10" Slicks & Front Runners - Penneys Anyone?

I'm going to start assembling the car this week and while it'll be nicely restored, the theme will be to groom it into a super clean Day II car to keep in line with its provenance as an ex Super Stock car. All the Day 1 parts I've been collecting will be stored off to the side for future use should they be needed. Lots of pics to start following as the assembly gets started next week.

Last edited by NorCam; 11-09-2017 at 02:51 AM.