View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 02:50 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pritchard View Post
With the level of detail you are achieving on this car, I really doubted that it would be for sale, but you never know unless you ask....

You're right, 72 Z28's are a rare bird.....IIRC, the 2nd lowest number built with something like only 2575

IMHO - The best compliment anyone could have on a restored car is to have it mistaken for a survivor.

I enjoy the process of determining the exact way something was done... like angles of approach, how did that overspray reach that crevice or why is the mist this way... like rockers... gun were on reciprocating rails... watch the videos of the cars being painted in Fisher Body plants. They traveled side ways across the top of the car Left to right as the car moved beneath and on the side there were no tilted guns shooting the bottoms of the rockers.
I spend hundreds of hours inspecting every photo of every survivor car I can find... make model and year are of little consequence... 1922 Oldsmobile Super Sport V8 with 2500 miles to a 1990 Triple Black L98 Vette Roadster with 10k miles...

NOW HOWEVER I DO prefer anything ZORA had a hand in creating... 57 Airbox vettes to 1972 ZR1 vettes. Solid Lifter Chevrolet's - specifically

Bill Yes 72's are hard to find... I looked for a long time in the 1980's as my father wanted to get my brother and me Z28's for the year we were born...
The first 73 LT Z28 (Blue totalled one) I found was built the week my brother was born and sold new at Stott Chevrolet 40 miles from the hospital. (as a side note Quain Stott and I have become pretty good friends due to some other racing and cars) however we never were able to find a 72... we scoured Hemmings for years between when I was 13-16. Then after I bought a 69 vette and then went to college we really just gave up on it.
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos

Last edited by firstgenaddict; 07-23-2018 at 03:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to firstgenaddict For This Useful Post:
tckertbran (08-06-2018)