View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_Maiorana View Post
SO .... BBBentley .... I guess we'll see ya there? .... I was so shocked by the hospitality that this year i am coming for vacation. To many cool people to not come back. Hope to see you there
Thanks, Craig. Yes, cars are great, but, like yourself, the cool guys are my reason to go. Kind of hard to explain, but growing up, my only exposure to world of motor sports was to catch the Indy 500 on the “Wide World of Sports” on ABC? I did, also, go to the “World of Wheels” custom car show, an indoor car show during the winter months. I say this because drag racing and related might as well have been in a foreign country. My family did not do that kind of stuff. I feel I must have been switched at birth (joke). When I see televised races and events and people have motorhomes and make it a family whole week event, I feel a disconnect , because I have never had the means to do such. It took some pushing by close friends, when I was in my 20s, to attend the U.S.Nationals in Indy. I have faithfully gone since. I have never been to a Super Chevy, GoodGuys, Hershey, Carlisle,etc. I have gone to 1 NASCAR race, an Indy 500 and an ARCA race a few dirt tracks. i also take in the Holley Hot Rod reunion in BG (because this is my passion) It was hard to think of myself as someone who could actually take in an event. I was brought up to be a tv spectator only. Because I was wholly dedicated to my family (I’m sure many on here are)and there was a guilt of spending while the family all stayed home. Since hitting my 50s and understanding mortality more clearly, I realize life won’t wait for my readiness and I better do these things while health allows. Now that I have been “nudged” to take in this event, it may become a must attend. I am hopeful. I don’t expect guys to understand this logic. If money and transportation were not finite factors, I could traverse the country all year long and take in a few events every week. I’m truly blessed with talent, possessions and friends. Looking forward to this.

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbbentley For This Useful Post:
69 Post Sedan (07-26-2018), Copo_Cartel (07-25-2018), Craig_Maiorana (07-25-2018)