Thread: 80's brochures
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 11:33 AM

Brochures arrived yesterday. Much thanks Kurt. Talk about a stroll down memory lane. The brochures were of Camaros and Vettes from 79-82. I graduated in 79’. So these cars were straight from my hot rodding youth days. These catalogs bring back good memory’s. All the rich kids got a New Z or Trans Am for graduation. They would cruise the BigBoy showing off their car. Then, guys like me with my primer spottted, rusted 69 sitting under the drive-in canopy would gawk and dream of the day when they could make their car gleam like a new one, like those kids had. While the rich kids had the gleam, they also had no idea how to do their own work on their car. While guys like me, who knew their stuff, could really make a car run. It was a magical time.
After I enjoy these a little and conjure up a memory or two more, I think I will put them back up in this section and pass them along for someone else, hopefully like me, who enjoy things like these brochures and don’t just acquire items to flip for profit.

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation