View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 03:06 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,185 Posts
Default Factory original coins

Is Mark Bulaw (camaromb) still on this site? Back in 2007, I remember looking at his Lemans Blue COPO car at the Supercar reunion. It had one of the coolest features I had ever seen. There was a small trifold half sheet of sand paper in the trunk. It had spatter paint on it, and underneath the sandpaper was a bare spot in the trunk. The paper was obviously sitting there when the painter hit the trunk with spatter paint.

Fast forward to yesterday. Getting the LT-1 body ready to come off the frame. Took out the passenger seat and pulled up some of the original carpet. Found four dimes and two quarters that were in the car when it was painted with varying degrees of MM paint on them. The car was painted in 1983, but clearly it was not disassembled for paint. Because the T-Tops leaked when I washed the car yesterday morning (I think that is mandatory... leaking T-Tops, not washing) there was quite a bit of moisture down under the carpet. I am sure that was a regular occurrence. Anyway, I have already wasted too much time documenting dimes. Need to get back to work.
Attached Images

Billohio (03-10-2024), dustinm (03-18-2024), scuncio (03-10-2024)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Quarter2.jpg Quarter1.jpg Dime4.jpg Dime3.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...