Thread: NCRS report
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 03:00 AM

It may just list the dealer name, but I know what that is already thanks to the NCRS report. That's what started the whole vin search thing when I found out the car was sold new in North Carolina. Others had mentioned how lenient the Carolinas have been about releasing prior owner information and that a dealer MSO may also be included. I was under the impression the MSO may also show options or possibly some hand written remarks about color since the car was special ordered.

Well since that time I've found that North Carolina no longer shares prior vehicle owner information thanks to the privacy act. And I'm told by Libby at the NCDMV the MSO or MCO will only show the HP and weight of the vehicle anyway, all of which I know. I asked if I could at least buy that document and forget the list of prior owners, honoring the privacy act. I have not heard back.

I was mainly hoping I might be able to document the special order color of the car. That's really what I was after. So I'll do that the old fashion way and document everything on camera as I dig deeper.

The whole process has been a long one. Mailing in the forms with the check got no where. It was never returned to sender so I don't think it got lost, and the check was never cashed. I assume they tossed it.

Next I tried calling, only to go through 5-10 minutes of recordings, finally getting the phone to ring for assistance, only then to have someone actually pick up the line and hang up. I tried that a few times with the same results.

Then, I resorted to sending an email. That is finally how I eventually got through to someone, explained the situation, and after weeks of waiting, I'm told they simply no longer provide this information. Thought that was odd when they still offer the forms to mail in specifically for this.

So unless some miracle happens and Libby offers some form of paperwork, I think it's a dead end.

Some good came of this though. The NCRS gave me the original dealer of Modern Chevrolet, and thanks to some of you I bought a dealer emblem for the deck lid. So pretty cool stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to x33rs For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (09-05-2019)