View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 05:49 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Drywall is finished! The electrician is doing his thing and I'll have some juice all over everywhere! The ceiling and angled pony wall will be covered in 5" tongue and groove pine like the barn, but painted. No more stain!

The small booth, as you can see by the 2x2 framed squares, will have three rows of LED panels with the center row being the primary ones for work. The outer rows can be switched on when the "boof" needs to be used. Should be plenty of light to see all kinds of mistakes I'm making. I'll be mounting the exhaust fans on the end corners and they should pull enough air to lower the atmospheric pressure by 1.25 inches! I'm going on Bernouli's principle where I create such a negative pressure that it just sucks all the crap out of the shop. Sort of like a hurricane. Hopefully it'll take a bunch of my crazy ideas with it!

Compressor will be mounted outside on a pad to keep it away from fumes/ dust/ the occasional flying tool.

The big shop I decided to do half drywall and the far wall and pony wall tongue and groove pine board. The two boxes in the center will be for neon lights operated by switches. Neon lights, meaning. like the cool kind like signage and such. I installed three 2x4 windows, and they'll be 3 2x4 LED panels in that pony wall. Two 70" ceiling fans will be located in the center of the bays. Actually, they'll be offset since the far bay will have a 2-Post lift. The parts mezzanine will hide tools and ugly parts below, and clean new parts above. And as you can see...outlets outlets outlets!!

Moving forward...... more to come! Next week I'll have a car in there!

Cheers
SuperDave
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
HawkX66 (05-09-2019)