View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

My 73 2000. Two of my uncles bought it new May 8 1973. I drove it in HS on their farm late 1970's. They sold it in mid 80's to a local guy and I was able to buy it from him last year.
I stopped into the original selling dealer and they still had the file in the back room. Owner gave me the original paperwork, factory printout card, copy of selling sheet that went to Ford, trade in sheet etc Even the handwritten instruction on how to get to the farm with instructions to driver to pick up the '53 Ford Jubilee trade in..
100% original parts and paint except tires, battery, muffler and tune up parts. The previous owner has the local dealer replace the starter around 2006 with a import starter. I asked the owner of the dealer if they had any original Ford tractor starters and he told me to go look out in the storage shed.
Found a stack of them and going through them noticed they had tags with owners name on them. Found the one with the previous owners name on it. Yep original starter for the tractor.
Sent it out to be rebuilt and it is back on the tractor.
I had the rubber umbrella seals replaced, valves adjusted, carb rebuilt, radiator recored and water pump rebuilt etc and that is about it.
The left front wheel is incorrect. When the tractor was 3 days old my brother was sent out to brush hog a field with very high growth. Not use to PS he ran over something, the tire went flat and ruined the rim as that rim was always in the high grass.
Attached Images

Last edited by whitetop; 09-12-2017 at 03:37 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whitetop For This Useful Post:
Chazman (09-12-2017), cook_dw (09-12-2017), ScottG (04-20-2019)