View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTERYCHEVELLE View Post
For every person on this site who MIGHT know how to identify a REAL piece of authentic documentation. Build sheet. POP. Invoices. Window Stickers. There's thousands out there who have no clue!! So yes, do your homework but just as important., the word has to spread for people to do that homework. I often have guys who will say, I won't buy a car without documentation!!! Rah Rah Rah. ... even if it's numbers matching.... and they seem to lose the concept that EVERYTHING is Faked now days!! Aged Paperwork too. So, personally I stress, that authenticity of a car takes into consideration a whole bunch more than just verifying a stamping is original or that the car has documentation. It's not enough to just accept it as legit, you have to verify all of it and know the source of the verification is a leader in the hobby, not just BIG BLOCK RALPH who replies " looks good to me" I have guys that seem to do more homework on the new Flat Screen TV they are buying than the Much more expensive collector car.

Ok. Back to your regularly scheduled programming
Mike, you’re exactly right. When new guys like me (a few years ago) come into the hobby, there’s a lack of knowledge about who you can rely on, trust, etc. I got messed over bad by a self proclaimed Shelby “expert” and later had the inner Shelby circle day that I should have just had this guy or that guy do the inspection for me...yeah, well that’s easy to say when you actually KNOW all that!
The Following User Says Thank You to Pusher_Man For This Useful Post:
RST (02-03-2019)