View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 10:31 AM

Default Re: motion nova advertised on craigslist

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NovaMob03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this ol' Nova sure has had a lot of drama attached to it over the years. I remember when Dan found it and tried to get it blessed by JR. Here's what I recall...might not be 100% accurate as it's been a really long time and unfortunately, I'm not sure it will clear anything up either.

When Dan bought the car and did his usual (extensive) due diligence, including contacting ex motion &amp; Batt auto body employees. He said he eventually made a call &amp; spoke with Mrs Rosen, told him why he was calling and (he told me) she seemed to know the Nova he was calling about and passed the phone to JR. After a conversation, he sent JR's fee (1500 I think)to certify it.
Then, out of the blue, Dan said he got a phone call from Kevin S about it and an NICB was run by a friend of a friend. Dan told me that Kevin specifically asked if it was a 'green Nova painted black' and so Dan deduced the JR had called Kevin about it.

JR took the cert fee, but Dan never got his letter. At this point, he called me for advice &amp; I suggested he push him for a yes or no letter or to return his money ...Dan did that &amp; that's apparently when the sh*t hit the fan. Dan was convinced that JR was stalling on the cert in order for Kevin to buy it on the cheap. After some verbal exchange, Dan got a 'maybe letter' from JR but enough bad juju had been conveyed so that it would never be certified as the '1st Motion Nova'.

Unconnected to this, but perhaps significant, there have been 2 other sYc member's who have also had similar experiences getting their car's 'motion certified' where calls were made, money paid and then those individuals were called by prospective buyers about their cars (Rich Pern and I think the other was JD502 [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img])
The burning question that needs an answer is if actual paper documentation/invoices exist or if cert's are based on memory and/or photograph's etc. As said before, it's a buyer beware hobby [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img] </div></div>

Ok There was a similar situation with a motion car that is in my family. ( But it is not my personal car). And yes I do know of one other person besides Rich P. this happened to. Just look a a few of the past cars that have been certified. (only a few but) when those cars were put in the right hands documentation was &quot;found or the car was remembered.&quot; I no a little about this nova, But I do know of two very very serious collectors that have been interested it this questionable car for years. I would think (JMO) in either of those hands this car is a documented motion Nova. Good luck!