View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 03:11 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano View Post
This is the former ZL1 from the Ottis Chandler collection. When the collection was sold off the caretaker/curator for the collection Greg Joseph was allowed to pick one car to keep for himself, or something to that effect and this is the car he chose. I remember talking with him when he was selling this ZL1 years ago. Some of the cars went to members here on this site early on, but many have been since resold. Check out the book “American Muscle’”. For the younger and newer guys in the hobby, Ottis Chandler was one of the early collectors to start chasing American Muscle Cars.

Thanks Stefano. Way cool book with some great (Leffingwell, I think?) photography. I found this book in a 2nd hand book shop a decade ago and thot it was a cool book and just loved the photos (427 Cobra on the flight line with and F-14 no less!). If I recall correctly, this brightly colored HO ZL1 was staged in a photo in a drab, dirty train yard that looked just so cool and inspired me to photograph my Deuce at a train yard for my HMM story.